Friday 30 August 2013

Bedroom Mood Board

Hello

Whilst enduring the agonising wait for moving day, I have been making mood boards for each room in the house. I've found that this is a really good way to build the look you want for the room and decide on matching accessories. With this one I started with the wallpaper. We were originally going to have this wallpaper in the flat, but we decided it would work equally as well in the house. The photo doesn't do it justice. The script is actually done in very light gold and silver so it catches the light beautifully. As you can see from the photo, NEXT have used heather coloured accessories to dress the shot. I think this colour goes beautifully with the cream, and purple is also my favourite colour. So I have used this as the colour scheme. NEXT also do a paint range that matches their wallpapers. 'Autumn Heather' and 'Calico Old English' match perfectly with this look.

We want to keep the decor quite traditional so it is in keeping with the style of the property (Victorian). So I have chosen old fashioned furniture. We love the traditional metal framed bed as it is cream with really nice brushed bronze detail. The furniture shown is all from NEXT but I don't think we will purchase it all from there. I like the style of the wardrobes, chest of drawers, dresser and bed side tables but I would like to get them custom made exactly how we want them. For example the wardrobe isn't big enough.

The overall look I was going for with this room is tradition, but light and airy. The flat we are currently renting can get quite dark at times and it can affect my mood in a negative way so I really want the whole house to feel really fresh and light. I think when the bedroom is finished its going to be a really lovely space to relax in. Incase there are any items here that you would like for your own home I have made a list below of the items, prices and where to find them-

PAINT- Old English Calico £2-£14
PAINT- Autumn Heather £2-£14
WALLPAPER- French Script £15
WOODEN FURNITURE- Isabella Range
BED- Leamington Bedstead £250-£450
CURTAINS- Mauve Ella Eyelet £35-£105
BEDDING- Vintage Wash Floral £35-£65
BEDDING- Natural Lace £25-£55
RUG- Sparkle Heather £45-£230
CUSHION- Faux Ostrich £16
BIN- £25
PAINTING- Lying Lady £80
GLASS BOTTLES- Set of three £22
FRAMES- Set of three £15

Mood boards for the bathroom, kitchen, living room and dining room are to follow. I will also post photos of the rooms once we have decorated them so you can see how the look came together.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment