Thursday 24 July 2014

Dining Room Mood Board

Hello

Today I'm going to share with you another mood board I created. This one is for the dining room. We are currently halfway through decorating this room and it is coming together really nicely. This design centred around the gorgeous birdcage wallpaper which is from Next (currently still in stock along with some wall decals in slightly different colours) priced at £15 per roll. This paper has a white background, with blue, green, brown and cream birdcages. The outlines of the cages are silver and all the of them have a pearlised finish which catches the light beautifully. My only criticism of this paper is that is stains easily. Lucy has shaken water off after a walk and it has marked the paper (humph!).


If you have seen my furniture customisation post you will know that we chose the duck egg blue colour to pick out the woodwork and have painted the non-papered walls white. It looks very fresh and clean :) 



I really want to have the furniture half painted like the photo above, but instead of cream use the duck egg blue. We have decided to get some kind of wood flooring because of the pets with a couple of  green rugs to make it softer under foot. The ones pictured are, surprise surprise, from Next, as is everything else in the picture. I have already bought the books which have secret storage and they tie in well with the wallpaper. In terms of accessories I will get things in either the white, blue or green that is on the wallpaper. I'm also planning a piece of wall art with pictures of the pets in ornate silver frames, possible with some cutout birdcages from the wallpaper intermingled between them.

Once we have finished this room I will upload some photos of the finished look and you can see how closely I followed the mood board!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment